Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

considering vegetarianism

Today, vegetarianism seems to be hitting me over the head.

Moksha yoga creates "Green Tips" videos every month. Watch the April 2010 video (on what else, Vegetarianism!).


Next, my yoga journal email subscription. I receive veg recipes weekly, but I'm not much of a cook so I use skim the article and delete. Today, I decided to peruse the website (I guess that video influenced me!) and found this awesome "Vegetarian Starter Kit" guide.

Currently, I'm pescatarian, which means I eat fish/seafood but no other kinds of meat. (Going on 6 months now!) I'm not too strict about it -I don't mind picking pepperoni off the pizza on the odd occasion - but I try not to be too wasteful about it. (And I definitely don't judge meat-eaters!)

Reading more about the subject, it does make me want to cut back a bit more on some certain things, like dairy (although I could never give up cheese!)  and scale back the fish/seafood to not more than 2-3 times per week.

I'm curious about other yogis, are you some sort of vegetarian? Do you feel it is (or isn't!) an integral part of "living yoga"?

Namaste,
Callah

P.S. I'd love it if any yogi/ni bloggers want to "exchange links" for my blogroll!