Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

a little about me...!

Since I'm new to the yoga blogosphere, I should introduce myself!
I live in Ontario, Canada. I started doing the BodyFlow classes about 5 years ago, tried my first "real" class - Bikram - about 2 years ago, and have regularly been doing the Moksha hot yoga series since last October. I energy exchange at the Moksha studio in town, and next month will be taking the Kids Yoga teacher training weekend course our studio is hosting. (The course will be taught by Aruna at Young Yoga Masters ). I'm also on the waitlist for the Moksha teacher training in Toronto this summer, so fingers crossed!!

I'm really glad I found the energy exchange program, I've totally been "sucked into" the yoga community, and I love it! I work part-time as a dental hygienist, and I'm just not totally satisfied. I feel like I've been led to yoga, and can't wait to see where it takes me!

Now, some poses I love... and some poses I'd love to master!
Poses I love:
Camel - i actually disliked this one to start, but since October I've managed to work my way back into the full pose. I love it!

Pigeon- I love that you have to surrender yourself to fully get into this pose!


Awkward pose- i just love it!

Poses I'd love to master:
This variation of Pigeon - I tried this for the first time the other day, and my foot was so far away from my head! This will take some work!

Crow/ Crane. I can feel my arms toning up from all my chuttarungas, so I can't wait to have enough balance and strength to pull this one off!

Half Moon- I can get myself into the pose, but I am VERY shaky- I want to stabilize the pose!

images from here, here, here, here and here.

What are your favourite poses, and your goal poses?

Namaste,
Callah