Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

mindful internetting

So, in the past few days I have come to the realization that I waste a LOT of time on the internet. This sounds obvious, and silly - i'm on the internet as I type this!

I'm doing a 30-day yoga challenge, as one of my projects. I haven't blogged much about it as this time around, I'm doing a lot of home practice. (I LOVE myyogaonline.com! It's such a great way to explore new styles at home). Anyhow, I'm finding myself always doing my practice basically right at the latest possible minute before bed- often resulting in a later-than-ideal bedtime. And occasionally resentment towards "having" to do the practice (because I'd rathe crawl into bed by that point), which I actually love! All because I wasted time on the computer, even when there were no new emails, or new blog posts... just finding completely random things to mindlessly consume my time with. It doesn't help to have a shiny new MacBook (my old computer wasted equal amounts of time just loading)!

click the image to be taken to source.

Well, it stops now! I know I can't cut it out completely, especially because taking I'm starting a university course online this weekend. Emails are a part of everyday life, for work communication and long-distance friendships. But, I do have control over wasting my time for no reason. I'll spend this newly free time tackling my huge pile of books to read, my messy bedroom, or getting my practice in before midnight! I need to become more conscious of how I choose to use my time, more mindful and appreciative of it.

On that note, I am off to clean my room!
(Update: my room is MUCH tidier now, albeit still in need of some more purging & sorting. Now, it is after midnight and I still need to practice, eek!).

Namaste,
Callah
article and personal photos copyright of Callah at callahyoga.blogspot.com


The CSN contest closes in a few more hours- winner will be announced tomorrow morning! Get your entries in ASAP :)