the Brooks Green Silence- read a review here.
Standard running shoe midsoles take roughly 1000 years- seriously- to biodegrade in a landfill. All Brooks models now have been formulated with soy, which, when combined with the anaerobic & warm environment of a landfill, causes their midsoles to break down in just 25 years. Still seemingly a lot, but when compared to 1000 years... WOW.
Check out the green elements found in the green silence shoe:
- BioMoGo, the world's first-ever biodegradable midsole for running shoes.
- 75% of the shoe’s materials are post-consumer recycled.
- Biodegradable insole and collar foams.
- Laces, gillies, and reinforced webbing are 100% post-consumer recycled.
- Water-based adhesives are used throughout.
- All dyes and colorants are non-toxic.
- Packaging is 100% post-consumer recycled.
I really hope this shoe fits! Unfortunately I have hard-to-fit feet so we shall see. I was just so excited to hear about eco-friendly shoe option I had to share. We need all companies, especially big ones, to take note of this kind of initiative.
article and personal photos copyright of Callah at callahyoga.blogspot.com