Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

my first training update :)

Well folks, it is "dangerously hot in Ontario", just starting a heat wave of 3 days of temps above 32C (more like 42-44 with the humidity here in Toronto!) and here I am taking two hot classes a day. And wow, are they HOT!!

But on another, more cheerful note, I am loving every minute. (Of the training, not the heat!)
(heads up, this post will be brief and photoless- the internet connection right now is less than ideal!)
The days are definitely intense. I wake up at 5:30, leave for the subway by 6 (having laid out everything the night before including meals), and get to the studio around 6:30. This is our average day, lasting from 6:45 am until 7:15pm:
15 minute meditation
90 minute asana
1 hour break
1 hour (or so) lecture
1 hour break
1 hour lecture
60 minute asana
3 hour lecture

I know it is only day four but I cannot believe how interesting I am finding everything! Nothing at all like college, where you had to struggle through the boring material. Right now our teachers have included Ted & Jess (the founders), Frank Jude Boccio (yes, the author of Mindfulness Yoga!) and Dina T. (don't even ask me to spell her last name!). I won't get into to many specifics, if you are interested you can check out the teacher training info here! All of our teachers have been amazing and so engaging. We also have more amazing names to come. It almost seems surreal, being able to spend the whole month focusing on YOGA! I am so grateful to be able to be here.

Practicing twice a day is definitely challenging, especially factoring in this brutal heat we are having. This morning's class was hot death! I am definitely getting deeper into savasana, and meditation in general, and I'm really enjoying that.

Well, that's all for now! Ideally I'd be heading to bed now (9pm) but I have to brush up on the series before our first day of practice teaching tomorrow! Should be exciting... and nerve wracking!

I hope everyone had fantastic holiday weekends and isn't suffering too much in this heat! (Or better yet, don't HAVE this heat where you are!). Your blog posts are on of my few online guilty pleasure during this month so keep them coming :)

Namaste, Callah