Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

My first training... Kids Yoga!

I am getting excited for this weekend! I am finally taking my Kids Yoga training course, which I have been looking forward to for months. The studio owners have actually organized Aruna, the woman who does the training, to come to our studio in Milton for the weekend so we don't have to go to Toronto. Convenient, and much more eco-friendly to drive one person here rather than 15 there!
(picture from the Young Yoga Masters website!)

I have been helping out with the kids yoga classes since January, so it will be nice to officially be a teacher. It's so much fun, it's hard to think of it as "work"! (Well, most of the time... when they are going nuts it is another story!)
It's great to be introducing kids to not only the physical side of yoga, but the mental side as well. I hope they take in all the stuff we teach them about letting go of the negatives, and treating others as you'd want to be treated. It's so amazing (and CUTE!) to see little kids doing downward dog and cobra. They love it!

I read about some schools in Canada offering yoga as a credited course for kids. I love this idea- yoga for all!
Namaste,
Callah