Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

inspiration

A few weeks ago, our running group was lucky to have Sylvia Ruegger in to speak to us. Sylvia competed in the very first women's marathon at the L.A. Olympics in '84, and still holds the Canadian female record for a marathon at 2:28:36. (I can't even imagine!)


Her dream started out with a goal wirtten and hidden under her floorboards (seen in the picture below). Thanks to my slacking blogger ways, I can't remember a lot of the specifics, but Sylvia was such an inspiration to hear speak - it went so much further than running! It really hit home as I was just a few days past completing my half marathon, which was one of my own goals that seemed really far-fetched at some points.


I woke up to the first snowfall of the year here in my town. It feels like the start of something new and exciting - the perfect time to set new goals. Why wait for the new year? Sylvia had a lot of great quotes - the one she wrote to me was, "How few of us are as brave as our dreams - you are, go after them!"

What are your biggest goals?

Namaste,
Callah

article and personal photos copyright of Callah at callahyoga.blogspot.com