Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

awesomeness in the GTA

Just thought I would share a few awesome events being put on in the Greater Toronto Area next month.

The New Leaf Foundation (bringing yoga to youth at risk in Canada) is holding an Urban Retreat Fundraiser with Michael Stone on Sep 12. Click here for details and to buy your tickets. I'll see you there!

The dinner plate project is being held in Pickering on Sep 19! This is a cool one - a hang-glider will fly a photographer over a group of people in the formation of a dinner plate, fork and knife to circulate an image worldwide bringing awareness to local eating! Really wish I could make it out to this one.



These events follow up the fantastic weekend I had at the Yoga Festival Toronto Aug 20-22. It's All yoga, Baby! wrote up a great review. I volunteered at the fest, so I was able to attend 5 classes, lectures and workshops with some amazing and local teachers, including Susan Richardson and Pat Linfoot. I'll definitely take part again next year!

I also picked up a little treat for myself when I was there... Michael Stone's newest book! 

Freeing the Body, Freeing the Mind: Writings on the Connections between Yoga and Buddhism

Can't wait to explore it. It's actually many different authors contributing chapters on the connections between yoga and Buddhism, including Frank Jude Boccio, author of one of my favourite yoga philosophy books. Many other authors that I haven't explored yet as well, I'm excited to read this for my "book report" as one of my post-training projects!

Namaste,
Callah
article and personal photos copyright of Callah at callahyoga.blogspot.com