Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

let go

December 5 – Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why? (Author: Alice Bradley)


I'm going to say this one is still a work in progress. I've been working on letting go of negative self-thoughts. Telling myself I'm not good enough, not deserving enough, can't do it. I think it's really easy in today's culture to get caught up in what we "should" be like, how we can fit in to the cookie cutter mold. It's time to break the mold and love ourselves for who we are! 


I stopped feeling the need to hang out with people for the sake of it. I'd rather spend time with myself than some certain people! 


One more thing that I'm working towards is letting go of negative thoughts in general. Similar to the idea of, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" - if you don't have anything nice to THINK, don't think it at all! I believe lulu summarizes this best when they say, "the conscious mind can only hold one thought at a time. Choose a positive one". 





Namaste,
Callah
article and personal photos copyright of Callah at callahyoga.blogspot.com