Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

writing & moments

December 2 – Writing. What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it? (Author: Leo Babauta)


Well, my very first thought was, "I'm not a writer, this doesn't apply to me!" So perhaps self doubt that I'm even a "writer" is something that holds me back. I have never thought of myself in that light before, despite being a blogger... I think I am underestimating my value! By starting to think as a writer I will be more confident, and willing to put more of myself out there.


Secondly, and I think this is a big one for anyone... procrastination. Particularly facebook!
--------------------------
December 3 – Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors). (Author: Ali Edwards)


It's challenging to pick just one moment... like i wrote about on day one, i've experienced a lot of moments this year where i've felt so happy i could burst. And that is definitely when I feel most alive. But the moment I'm going to choose is experiencing "O'Canada" with the flag going up at the victory ceremony during Van 2010. 




I'm really bad remembering specific details but I do remember that feeling of thinking I might burst open, from pride this time. So proud of being Canadian and experiencing that moment in "our home and native land". The feeling, the vibrations in my chest as thousands and thousands of people sang along. That whole week was just a major high, constant adrenaline. 

Namaste,
Callah
article and personal photos copyright of Callah at callahyoga.blogspot.com